Awakening goes beyond the idea that women should ask for a seat at the table. Areva Martin makes the case for women to tear down the building, build anew, and choose tables that make room for everyone.
Martin does this by exposing five lies told by society that have kept women held back for so long. By further exploring the problem and offering solutions that benefit all people, Awakening gives women in all careers a path toward a more equitable world. Pick up Awakening for your next book club, to gift to a new grad, or to show a woman in your life that you support their journey.
GET A FREE LEADERS CHECKLIST NOW!
Enter your email to download a FREE copy of Awakening with Areva Martin Leaders Checklist.
Uncover the lies we have been told and discover how we can move toward a more equitable world.
- Areva Martin provides statistics and stories on how our current system works to keep women as the inferior sex and why it needs a complete overhaul.
- Case studies from real women at work demonstrate the barriers that hold women back and the conflicts that they face if they choose to start a family.
- Readers will explore “how we got here” and the movements, milestones, and men who have shaped where women stand in the workplace today.
- Martin zooms out to describe how expectations, norms, and culture need to change before equity can be achieved.
- Action items throughout the book offer small and quick exercises that become stepping stones to larger solutions.
The past decade has been a whirlwind of fighting for equity, seeing the consequences of small-scale strategies, and being pushed back by the COVID-19 pandemic. Areva Martin lays all of this out on the table and provides a map for pushing forward in the corporate jungle, nonprofit world, and society at large.